Friday 1 March 2013

July - Global warming at Global Gathering.

I genuinely think I have had the best weekend I have ever lived through. The first day is a massive blur; I honestly do not know what I’d do without Beccy, I mean I would never have been able to sneak two full crates worth of cider into the actual festival itself, pitch up a tent as well as get us new mates to camp next too. The girl is super woman I’m sure of it, but luckily she is my super woman and I know no matter what she will always sort me out in the end, and we will always be the coolest pair of best friends in our matching tie dye tops that have ever walked the earth. It’s hard to imagine my life without her, and I’m thankful always that I don’t have to.
So, the events of Friday went a little like this, we were really drunk by about four pm, I suppose that’s what an all-day bender does to you. Treated ourselves to a lovely nap in the sun, to wake up to realise it was Maverick Sabre o’clock. I am so excited, and so drunk, that can only mean one thing, I am going to be the happiest Maverick Sabre fan to be part of this Festival. What happens after that I do not really remember, it’s as if my memory is just flash backs, splitting up from Beccy, trying to find her and her basically telling me it’s not going to happen. Eventually, we are reunited, together once again as ravers and returning to our tent feeling epic. Until, the boys discover we actually do not have a tent, oh the drama!
Why am I not even bothered? I think it’s quite funny actually, of all the people that this could happen too; it has to be me and Beccy. As she cares enough to report it, and cries enough for the both of us, I’m more bothered about not being able to put  make up on for two days, but also very grateful we were able to drink all the beers before the little swine’s got to them! As Beccy goes to set up camp, we are rescued by someone who I can’t even remember meeting, but we kindly get given a tent to sleep in, I got donated a jumper and Beccy got a free brew, silver linings and all that!
The weather on Saturday was just as beautiful, nothing better than spending the day in the sun with a beer and your best friend, chilling surrounded by good music and happy vibes. The boys have been great, supplying us with Lucozade and of course somewhere to sleep, I did not however receive any sympathy in the morning when I self-declared myself as dead, but hey ho you can’t have it all.
Sunday morning is our lucky day as we are reunited with our tent, belongings and all; minus a few items such as my phone charger lead, they let me keep the plug itself though! The experience was second to none, and if I could have stayed for a few more days I would have loved too, unfortunately I can’t so I’ll just have to wait.
See you next year Globes!

No comments:

Post a Comment