Tuesday 12 March 2013

January - End of an era.

It’s weird knowing that after this weekend I will probably never return back to this house on Boleyn road ever again. My whole life my Nan and Granddad lived in and owned this house, in fact, for double the amount of years I have lived they have been in this exact same house. The stories we were told, the Sunday afternoons me and my cousin Leanne would mess up my Nan and granddads bed and remake it to earn ourselves two pound a time to spend at the shop. Going on trips with my granddad in his car, the park that was a stone’s throw away, yet was huge and a lot of hours were spent in that park.
It wasn't just family that had gone to and made memories in this house, mine and family friends also had experiences in this house, and now it is soon to be no longer the house everyone knows. It will bought by a new family, for them to make new memories in. This weekend I am staying with my younger cousin Rihanna, mum and step dad, it is emotional; there are so many reminders of them, so many things about the house that makes it theirs.
The plus side of staying for the weekend is I got to spend some quality family time, I went shopping with Rihanna who I once lived with and in my eyes will always be little four year old Rihanna, but who in actual fact is now nine years old. I also became close to my cousin Nicole again, planning trips up north and down south during a family meal.
Everyone always says that it takes something bad to happen for something good to happen also and I am now a believer of this. From this great loss of not only my Nan, but the house that feels like a family treasure, we are able to come together for another time to celebrate the family we are because of the experiences we have had together in and around this house. Our parents grew up here, lived here and their lives begun here before us grandchildren were even a thought. The walls scattered with photographs of the family, accomplishments and happy times for all to see.
It is a sad time to say goodbye to this house, but without my grandparents it is just a house and no longer the home it once was. It will be missed greatly, but something no one will forget in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment