Tuesday 12 March 2013

January - New year, party just as hard.

After what can only be described as the worst Christmas that I have ever had the pleasure of living through, New Year’s Eve managed to fly round the corner! Why oh why did I say I would have a party? There are multiple reasons why this is the worst idea I have ever had; one, I do not know how to be organised, if organisation slapped me in the face I still wouldn't know what to do with it other than ignore it. Two, I am working until three in the morning, albeit I didn't know this at the time I planned a party that I was working till then, but in all fairness it was my turn to do them. Three, I don’t want to clean up before, I don’t want to clean up after, and most importantly, last and most definitely not least four, I cannot drink in moderation. I have a very big night on New Year’s Day, and I will without a doubt be disgustingly hung-over, oh well YOLO.
The party was a complete success, it wasn't massive but everyone who I wanted to be there, the girls, the boys and even munter Bradshaw made an appearance to spend the night with us. There seemed to be people everywhere at one point, everyone drinking and in general having a good time. Of course it did not go smoothly, there were glasses smashed, drinks spilled and the house smelt like a brewery for a good few days afterwards. Amber and Gabby got stuck in the bathroom, resulting in the door having to be kicked down – sorry mum! And there were of course arguments that resulted in a lot of tears. However everyone seemed to have a good time, even the kids.



There was however some bad news awaiting for me, my Nan had taken a turn for the worse and passed away on New Year’s Eve at about half 9. It was hard to find out when there was no way I could say goodbye, and when I had a house full of guests so I had to remain strong, however, I knew that she would not want me to dwell on the negative but to drink my next drink for her and celebrate the night ahead that I have been planning for so long, so this one is definitely for you Nanny Pat, heavens newest angel and love you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment